Tuesday, September 25, 2012

 
Just had to share this bag! My granddaughter made it from duct tape! I am working with middle school girls once a week, they are at risk and hopefully a self esteem program/some bullying presented in a fun and relaxed way will help them. My granddaughter is a new 6th grader, so I asked her what girls that age might want to make. I've found that when their hands are busy, they chat more openly, thinking no one is looking at them.. anyway, she said the girls at her school loved duct tape! They make bracelets, wallets, etc. So I went to our local Wal-Mart and got several different patterns. When she was here last weekend, she whipped up this bag! She braided the handle, and the bottom (where the whtie stip goes across) is a pocket. Her mom is going to hang it in her apartment and tuck coupons or mail in it. My granddaughter was so pleased with how it turned out and she made a flower too! Who knew Duct tape could be so much fun!! Wonder what she'll make next...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 October Core products