Saturday, September 1, 2012



 
 
 


Now for my projects! I hope you're having a great Labor Day holiday. A last long weekend before summer officially ends... I used Baby Boutique, Hey Diddle Diddle, and B is For Boy for my projects today. Let me show you the first two, and we'll chat then I'll show you what else I've worked on.
B is for Boy


Yes, you can do girl things with this cartridge!

 
I purchased the same paper in pink and blue. I cut the onesie and Wee One out. Trimmed out each onesie in the appropriate color, added cute little duckies.. and I "stitched" around the lettering. I added pink, and blue rosettes.  And the ribbon matches, one in pink, one in blue. I found these cute wooden carriages and I painted them and added those as well. Now all I have to do is add the names of our newest members of our family when they get here. A boy in North Carolina and a girl in Ohio. We thought the boy might get here this weekend, but it's not over yet, so we'll see. He's officially due in mid Sept. and the little girl is due in November! Babies are such a nice way to start people!
Now for additional projects:
 
I used Hey Diddle Diddle to make this layout. Can you tell I'm expecting a 5 x 7 photo of the new little boy?? I have a 5 x7 of the older brother, and I may put it here, but either one.. I purchased this paper at JoAnn's and I added a little teddy bear (with a blue stone) and a bottle tied in blue ribbon. I left room to add Tyler's or Jake's important information. Weight, height, date, etc...
 
I used Teresa Collins Baby Boutique to print out the background paper. B is for Boy to print out Welcome Little One, and it's in pink, so all ready to send to the new parents when Callie Rose gets here. I added a rosette, and pink ribbon, layered it all on a pink base. I'm kinda proud of myself for being ahead.. now to just catch up on the adults and the first grandchild (11 now)...
This card was quite the happy accident. I actually intended to make a vinyl decal for my oldest daughter's new (to her-used) car using this cartridge. Except I made a boo boo.. I was going to use the Winged Heart with the Crown, she can be a bit of a drama queen at time.. anyway, I guess I wasn't paying any attention and put the vinyl on upside down... soooo now I have a wonderful embellishment for one of her album's pages. Perhaps I'll try that again when I'm thinking clearer... I was going to surprise her but I think I'll show it to her and see what she thinks. She may want something different......
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and please have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!


The litte boy got here today! Jacob (Jake) Jonathon! 6 lbs 14 oz.

36 comments:

  1. Super cute projects. Loved the baby layouts!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute projects! I can tell that you are ready for the babies to come ( maybe sooner then later... lol) As long as they are healthy anything goes with babies!

    Nadja MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. such sweet layouts and so kind of you to make them for gifts.
    MCCR dt sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet layouts :) I love the versatility of the cricut carts!!

    Jenn Lorist
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layouts. Awesome job on them. I love to see baby projects. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! So many babies..its definitely the season because we have them popping out all over the place here too! LOL Love the projects today! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pages!! LOVE the baby carriage and the onesie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your baby themed projects are great! Love the cuts you chose and the dp is really nice (love the TC background paper!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable, love all the baby things! I'm having my first grandchild this month and don't know the sex, so been doing both boy and girl stuff too! lol

    Susie
    www.SusiesScrappers.com
    MCCR DT Sis

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful LO's Janet. You are correct that babies make great people. On a side note I have 3 drama queen's and wouldn't have it any other way!!!!TFS~Mary M
    http://maryfortheloveofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those adorable lo's! When does the new little guy get here?

    Jodie R
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I just love your baby layout...so pretty....to bad about the decal for your DD....you never know she might like it....tfs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet- I'm into positive affirmations... you rock! TFS
    Janet Royer- MCCR-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. your baby theme is soooo cute!
    Lisa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable projects. I love seeing things used in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both baby layouts are so adorable! :) Congrats on the new arrival!

    Ashley - MCCR DT
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS to you Grandma Janet!
    What adorable layouts! I love that paper, in both pink and blue!
    As always, you did a great job - - and did a wonderful "favor" for a friend today! You are a sweetheart!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT Sister <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layouts!! You did a great job!!

    Angie MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful layouts. another great post.
    Sarah
    craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable layouts!!!
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Janet great layouts!! So cute! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Janet, you really have outdone yourself this time. Love the clusters of sweet baby cuts in the corners. Fabulous job!
    :O)
    Jessica S
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful job on your layouts,TFS
    And congrats on the new addition to your family
    Ava DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very sweet!! Congrats on the new baby!

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute LOs and card! Congrats on your upcoming grandkids! I'm a fellow North Carolinian myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh those are so cute.. and yea, wow.. Never dawned on me to just add girly colors to that cartridge..LOL Loving the Onesy..
    plus, I think a big congrats is in order :)
    hugs
    Nanné
    MCCR DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh how cute. T lo looks great with the cute cuts.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness! Your layouts are totally adorable!!! Love all of the baby diecuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow, these are so so cute!! love both versions.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on the new baby yesterday .... Love they LO and card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great Job Janet. You gave me some creative ideas for the baby shower I need to do decorations for in a couple weeks.. I would love to put a small book together for here too but I am in a bit of time crunch. Oh, well. I love your pages. You will need to let us know when the babies arrive and show of the pages with the babies inserted on the mats. :)
    Congratulations!

    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very sweet layouts janet!!
    Kathy
    My Cricut Craft Room Design Team
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome LOs Janet! Very sweet. Love the variety of baby images, cuts and LOs.
    TFS!
    ClaireR
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM

    ReplyDelete

 October Core products