Sunday, October 28, 2012

Let The Sunshine Award




Let in the Sunshine Award
My sweet blogging friend, 
has given me an awesome award. This award is so appreciated.
 
 
Kathy, thank you so much for thinking of me!!

Here are the rules:
Include award logo in blog post and thank the blogger
who gave it to you and include a link back.
 
Answer 10 questions about yourself that you have made up yourself
(yeah, I know, kinda weird).
Nominate 10-12 bloggers for the award and contact them at their blog site to inform them.
So here are the ten questions about me that I made up about myself....

1. How many children do I have?
2 daughters  2 step-sons
1 granddaughter 2 grandsons 1 granddaughter due in Nov.

2. How long have I been married?
It will be 18 years in January

3. What is my favorite restaurant?
Texas Roadhouse, but I haven't met a restaurant I haven't liked yet.. if I don't have to cook or clean -up, I'm happy!

4. What do I do in my spare time?
Crafts, I love paper crafts, stamping, scrapbooking, but I also love fabric, and if I can make something instead of buying it, I will at least try..

5. Who influenced me into crafting?
I had two aunts who taught me how to sew, one made my Barbie the best clothes ever.. even furs.. and the other Aunt showed me how to make the yarn octopus' for your beds and the dolls out of the milk pods.. they were popular in the late 50's and early 60s. I loved my doll on my bed, and her skirt just laid out so pretty all tied with ribbons. If I had one now, I'd probably make my bed more... LOL

6. What activities did I do as a child?
I read, read, read... I was in Girl Scouts, and 4-H

7. What has been my most rewarding experience?
Volunteering for the local Girl Scout Council, with my daughters, moving up in that role and joining the council as staff. I have met more girls and adults and I learned so much from all of them, and got to see new places and do new things and I am so appreciative of all of them who told me that I did so much for them. They have no idea how much they did for me.

8. What do I do now?
I am retired from Council staff but work 20 hours a week fixing lunch for Seniors and Disabled residents of  a housing complex. It's rewarding too, but sad, to see so many living on the edge..

9. What is my favorite TV reality program?
Right now, it's the Beards!! I love Duck Dynasty! Not that I want to eat the wild game they do, but they are so funny and without even trying! That's the time I can watch tv and no matter how my day went, I know I'm gonna laugh! I love Si!! He's got such an innocence about him, nothing fake... Willie and Jase have a typical brotherly relationship! Phil has a remarkable story..

10. Do I have any goals?
I live in Indiana! Everyone in Indiana has a goal..
it's all about Basketball here.. well, I'm not a sports person...but I hope to be a blessing to all those around me.

Now for bloggers I wish to nominate:



 
Jearise Havenga at www.Lorbysworld.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Janet and thanks for the award...
    love your work..
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the coolest award ever! Thank you for passing it on to me and congrats to you too!! And congrats to the other ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete

 October Core products