Thursday, October 18, 2012


TGIF! I'm always ready for the weekend! More time to craft! Okay, I'm never ready for snow, or cold weather, or winter in general, but the Holidays make it all worth it! I love the displays, and the sounds, and the food, well, anyway here's my Layout for today. Take a look then we'll chat!



I bought this Martha Stewart pack of Winter paper. There is always these border pieces that I never think work for my photos... you know how that goes! Well this page was no different. I used the new Snow Folk cartridge to make the snowman and he's trying to make friends with the other snowmen I think... I used a 2nd sheet, with the red and white pattern on the back to make a 4 inch border at the top (matches the scarf on the one snowman) then added my photo mats, and two snowflakes cut from a Martha Stewart punch.

Just a heads up! The Snow Folk cartridge does NOT come with a book, or pamphlet to tell you what to cut. But it's so easy as the snowman and the pieces you need for it or in a vertical line on the overlay. The base is the top image, then just going right down the line to the next row, you have the next layer. In this case, I used brown for his base (arms) then white (body) then blue (shirt and earmuffs) then an orange (scarf and nose) There was a cut for his eyes and mouth but I just drew them on myself. I hate dealing with super small pieces and gluing them... that's just me! Anyway, he was so easy and is so cute! The title is already on the paper, so all I need is some snowy photos and another page bites the dust, or the snow, or whatever.... LOL Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Janet this layout is adorable!! I love it
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable Janet!! Love how you used the border paper, those are always so hard to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I am not a fan of winter, snow or cold weather...but you layout is absolutely adorable! Love your snow people!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT Sis <3

    ReplyDelete

 October Core products