Friday, April 26, 2013


Hello!! This week the challenge is Cinco De Mayo! Here in the Midwest, there aren't many community Cinco De Mayo events... I'm sure there are in the Hispanic community, but I did some research and found that it is quite the celebration. Celebrates the music, food, and the amazing battle at Pueblo. A very colorful array of smells and music and clothing. I bet it'd be fun to attend one and I'm gonna watch and see if we have any around my area. With that, the sky's the limit in your creations! Celebrate music, the food of the Southwest, or the colorful weavings you see in clothing or home décor. Now take a look at my card then I'll tell you what I used.

The papers are all from the new Amuse colors this spring. I cut the Enjoy the Day out from a Slihouette file, then had this "duh" moment when I remembered I had purchased the Ole Cricut cartridge and had never used it... anyway, that'll be for another day.
 I made this card with many colors as in the dresses worn by dancers during the celebration. I put some stickers that reflect the music, colors, etc. of the area. I know when I was in Mexico at one time, it was 105 as we walked through the shops and town. In Mexico, the schools shut down, and it's a holiday! Many areas of the Southwest celebrate in a big way as the battle was the last one where a foreign country invaded any where in the Americas, and kept USA as it is, rather than breaking up the large expanse of our country. So here's to my Hispanic friends.. Have a safe and enjoyable Cinco De Mayo
Head over to the challenge page and be sure to link up your celebration project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 October Core products