Friday, July 6, 2012

Welcome to Erica's Craft Room

100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop Day ONE



You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning



Welcome to My Cricut Craft Room's one year "BLOG-iversary" of our first 100 cartridge Blog hop!
A year ago the blog was kicked off with the first design team members and daily postings. It took 2 months to get ready for this hop last year. Now we bring it to you the first full weekend of every month.
Collectively the design team uses over 100 different Cricut Cartridges in their projects during the two days of this hop. Sunday the new members of the design team will be announced and some have even made a project to share with you!! What an exciting weekend!!
As special treat enjoy 10% off of your total purchase with Erica's Craft Room Store.
Use the code JULY to see 10% off of your total purchase (No exclusions)
on July 7 & 8. Also on Sunday there will be an exciting announcement!!!
Here's My Project(s)
Frist of all I used the Batman Cartridge, which is great if you have boys! Or grown men who think they're still boys.. anyway


I used the Batman cartridge to cut the speech balloon shape, and the letters Happy Birthday. The stamp and paper is from Close to My Heart. I cut the balloon at 2.5 inches, the letters at 1.5 I think this will tell my favorite little boy to have a super Birthday celebration. I colored in the super hero with markers and lined the inside with plain white cardstock to write a message.

Next I used the Lite Cartridge Beep Beep


The Let's Go and shadow is from Beep Beep and cut at 4 inches. Remember items are measured top to bottom, and this was the biggest I could go and fit on my 12 x 12 mat. So when you punch in a shape and it comes up all gray on the mat, don't panic! It means it is sized too big to fit and you just need to reduce the size until it shows up on the mat screen. This is my friend's hubby car. He and his Dad worked on this to rebuild it and it really brought them closer together. Wouldn't it be nice if more Dads and their sons did this instead of all the tech toys where no one interacts face to face anymore? His eyes light up when he talks about the time they spent on this and that was years ago, he's in his 30's now. They really bonded and look what they have to show for it! He's putting together an album for a belated Father's Day album and this is just one page he asked me to do. Now for my other cartridge and projects, are some other pages for this album.

I used Animal Kingdom to make the titles for these pages.





They LOVE their dogs. Small ones, big ones, and I cut the titles at 4 inches. Layered the photos and left some room on the Bark page for them to put the dog's name on. These are their furry "kids"
I think my friend and her hubby's father will be so surprised that they've put in this album what's special to him and some of the fun times they've had. I hope you enjoyed my blog today and our hop.
Now you're onto:

Jenny's Blog at

Here's the entire line up for today if you get lost:






Have a crafty weekend!






1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing! All of your creations are fun-tastic. Such an inspiration for the beginners. Keep posting please.

    ReplyDelete

 October Core products